Review: Lush Carrot Soap

March 31, 2016

"You don't have to dig deep to see what makes this vibrant soap soil sorts of fun! Cheerful bergamot and a hint of sicilian lemon, complement carrot and blackcurranty buchu oils. These blend with the softening cocoa butter bunny within to create an uplifting and gently creamy leather."


I have absolutely no idea why this soap receives so many shabby reviews, whether they have changed the ingredients for the 2016 release compared to the past 2-3 years, I'm not sure. A lot have complained about the fact that the soap doesn't lather properly, because it definitely does and it doesn't take a lot of passing through hands to create the lather either. With coconut oil and cocoa butter, this soap leaves your skin feeling moisturised and clean as well as smelling absolutely beautiful.

I picked up this limited Easter soap last year when it was in my local Lush store but it never made it home with me due to the price being pretty steep compared to the other soaps they had in around Easter time. However, my household went pretty mad around Easter this year with the Lush Kitchen exclusives and my mum surprised me with a huge bar of the soap and I'm over the moon about it! I absolutely adore blackcurrant scented things (something I didn't realise until shopping in lush regularly and reading through the ingredients of all the products I have on my shelf) and it lasts all day on your skin without really fading, I can still smell it during my day, which is amazing! The smell is apparently similar to the Snowman shower jelly which I don't think is entirely true, as beautiful as the scent is. I like to compare it to the gorgeous Angel's Delight soap from Christmas a few years back (last in Lush shops 2014), which was also my first soap I ever received as a child from a school teacher back in 2004 which is probably why the scent of Carrot soap makes me extremely happy. It also smells like reindeer rock but with a stronger citrus smell. However, do not be put off because of the name, it does in no way smell like carrots. This is probably why it is still on sale in the Lush Kitchen but I can assure you, it smells like a concoction of Ribena and orange juice over the smell of soil and grass.

I fully recommend this soap to anyone as I'm sure it can be enjoyed by so many plus it is still in the Lush Kitchen so pick up a block of it immediately!



  • Rating: 5/5





    You Might Also Like

    1 comments

    1. I'm tempted now, your recommendations have a terrible effect on my bank account, haha!

      Paris xx
      http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/

      ReplyDelete

    Popular Posts

    Instagram

    Subscribe