Lush Review: Lava Lamp Bath Bomb

May 01, 2016


Hey, I've not posted in over a month because it's been so hectic and I haven't got around to doing so. I have been to London to attend a gig and beforehand, went to the holy grail of Lush stores at the one and only Oxford Street, where I didn't actually go crazy this time. They only had the bath bomb I'm going to review as a new addition along with which I also purchased Guardians of the Forest; a bath bomb I've never been interested in buying before, due to it's over floral scent. However, I have recently gone mad on floral scents and the smell has somewhat grown on me so I shall be reviewing that at a later date.

This week I am reviewing this absolute beauty of a bath bomb named Lava Lamp. Frequent Lush visitors would realise this is very similar to the Lover Lamp (This years Valentines Day bath bomb) with it's shape and similarities being that there are 3 melts entwined within the ballistic. The smell is also familiar yet a lot stronger. The smell being a very strong orange scent, which is absolutely beautiful and makes for an instant happiness boost. I was told by the lady who worked there that this had been previously made a few years ago but taken away to work on the formula to make the purple oil more dramatic instead of it melting into the orange and making a murky coloured mess overall, as well as staining the bath itself. Therefore to make it more of a lava lamp effect, they would have to work on the melts. Thus they created the brilliant Lover Lamp earlier this year mastering the formula in a way that the heart melts remained completely separate to the bath bomb itself, melting it their own time and so eventually they decided to bring back the Lava Lamp just after the Mother's Day releases.

This bath bomb is absolutely incredible, and looks like the early 60's contraption swirling endlessly in the bath, this is however until the purple oil (created with organic extra virgin olive oil with the scent of tangerine oil joined in harmony) becomes just little purple flecks in the bath and eventually disappears almost completely. However, don't let this deter you from buying this brilliant bath bomb. it's absolutely beautiful in scent and you can smell it throughout your bathroom for the next few days and if that's not all, exactly a week after using this bath bomb, my skin still feels beautifully soft which is something I've never felt with a bath bomb before. It's moisturised my skin so well and I'm so surprised with this which I'm guessing is from the Fair Trade organic cocoa butter that is also put inside.

Overall, things to take into consideration with this bath bomb is that it is a fast fizzer, it needs to be placed in a very hot bath to get the full effect and to definitely buy if you want beautifully silky soft skin which smells like you've poured freshly squeezed orange juice over yourself. I have fully recommended this bath bomb to everyone at work and my friends and family because if you are to try any bath bomb release this year, you need to get yourself to Oxford Street and purchase one of these.

Rating: 4.8/5



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe