All I want, is to wake up fine.

April 19, 2017

Image result for hard times paramore

Trying to remain calm is pretty hard recently and I haven't really had a chance to fully think about anything. First things first is that I've been feeling pretty low about not being able to get out of my hometown as much as I did last year. This time last year, I'd been to so many gigs and met so many great and lovely people. However, things are finally picking up. I managed to get tickets to meet my all time favourite make-up artist Jeffree Star along with MannyMUA for their UK meet and greet! They were in Manchester today and it looked insane so I'm so excited. Secondly, I am going to see one of my favourite bands next month and finally all of my favourite artists are releasing music and touring which I am so excited for. I'm going to be seeing Paramore in Manchester and I couldn't be happier!

However I wanted this blog to be about the shows I've been currently watching. For someone who barely watches series unless they are on Cartoon Network, Sky Atlantic or contain drag queens, I'm actually trying out Netflix series. I started watching 13 Reasons Why, mainly because I had read the book back in 2013 and absolutely loved it and wanted to give the show a watch. For many of you following the hype on social media, it really is THAT GOOD! The characters are given more of a backstory compared to the book and they did such an amazing job and I was so pleased that they didn't wreck the story I loved. 13 Reasons Why (for those who haven't watched) is about a girl called Hannah, a high-school student who decides to take her own life. But before she does, she records seven tapes, each with two sides because 'every story has them'. Clay (the main character) discovers these tapes in a box outside his front door and is told to listen to them and pass them onto the next person on the list. He soon becomes obsessed with finding out where his name features on the tapes and what drove her to kill herself.
I fully recommend this series and I love all the recognition this story is finally getting!

Another thing I wanted to mention is that my favourite TV series ended this week. If you haven't watched Girls, it's basically about a group of millenials trying to get by in New York including a hell of a lot of sex scenes, breaking up with boyfriends and bitching (I promise it's better than it sounds). I have read many bad reviews for the season finale for letting such a great series have such a plain and boring ending which I however disagree to and I love Lena for being very real about the end of the show and the start of her character Hannah's life as a single mum.



It's been a very strange month full of ups and many downs, so I thought I'd keep it lighthearted. When I picked up my laptop ready to write a new post, I had so many things to say and now I'm here writing, I can't even put my feelings into words but maybe thats because I'm listening to the new Paramore song on repeat on max volume. But I will say this. I'm extremely grateful for the friends I have had around this past month for making a very difficult month easier for me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe