The end of an era.

January 12, 2017

I sit here after taking a rather strange walk home from work this morning. It was the first time in a very long time that I wasn't on my phone or checking my surroundings. I hadn't walked in the rain for a while and the smell of the air seemed somewhat comforting to me. I walked through the park and gazed at the trees and saw winter for the first time and then it hit me. I have been so down with everything seeming very sudden and fast paced that I hadn't even noticed that autumn had been. There were no beautiful leaves on the trees, they had become bare and I that I'd been too focused on everything that I had missed my favourite time of the year.


I had so much to blog about from September-December but I have had no time to do so and now I sit here with too much time to spare and nothing productive to do with it. It's the first time in a very long time that I've felt like picking up a book or going for a run, which is a feeling I'm not completely against.


There is so much I want to write about as I feel like this is more of a diary entry but I'm very hopeful that this is a year of happiness for me, a year that I can be completely happy about and a year where I actually feel like I've achieved something with my life. 

Here is to an end of an era and a new beginning, happy 2017.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe