Jeffree Star Lipsticks

March 06, 2016

Happy Sunday! 

Today I'm going to write about my latest obsession which is with these awesome lipsticks from the one and only Jeffree Star! If you don't know who he is, he is an ambassador for his own make-up brand that represents only using vegan ingredients and making sure it's cruelty free. He has been a huge inspiration since the myspace era, he is a fashion designer, model and my role model when it comes to being a make-up artist. 

I wasn't sure that you could even purchase his velour liquid lipstick over in the UK until one of my friends posted herself in the ultra cool 'Celebrity Skin'. I immediately asked her where you could purchase them (www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk) and then searched for hours on youtube to look for the perfect starting lipstick shade that would suit me by looking at swatches on other make-up artists. I eventually decided that 'Abused' would be the starting shade for me. It is a gorgeous purple/black shade that smells of his other product 'Root-beer Float lip scrub' (Celebrity Skin, Unicorn Blood, Breakfast At Tiffany’s, Abused & Blue Velvet all have this scent, the others are unscented). I absolutely adore this shade as it gets so much attention and it's so unique and matte and doesn't leave a horrible rough feel on your lips like you get with other liquid to matte lipsticks. I really love these lipsticks too as you don't have to constantly top up, in fact you don't have to at all! They last incredibly well, I decided to test it by wearing the shade to work and then ate afterwards and it didn't come off at the meal or even with drinks. It lasted me 11 hours in total, which to me, is absolutely fantastic. The packaging is also beautiful, it comes in a beautiful rectangular sassy pop pink box with gold stars including the logo. The tube itself is your desired colour and also has a pop pink lid with stars.
So, obviously I was thrilled when they announced that Dominatrix, Weirdo, Dirty Money, Masochist and Androgyny were coming back in stock on January 12th, I however was at work when they went on sale (6pm GMT) and obviously due to high demand, they sold out immediately and many were left disappointed that they hadn't bagged the limited shade of their choice. However, due to having an incredibly lovely boyfriend, he managed to get me Masochist and Androgyny.

Masochist Jeffree Star Cosmetics Liquid LipstickI love Masochist to pieces, it's beautifully pink and has a very cute look and appeal, it's exactly like I imagined it to be and more! It's my day to day wear if I'm not supporting Mac's Miley Cyrus Viva collection or Magnetism by Illamasqua. 

I'm not a huge fan of Androgyny however, I expected it to be as pictured on the sample images but on me, it's too brown and not the pink-brown matte as shown. It was a let down as these were the colours I'd had my eye on for a few months and I thought would suit me well, but I think my skin tone is a bit too odd to suit Androgyny, either that or I'm not used to nude colours. My other friends have tried this colour though and adored it and it has suited them so well, so don't take my negative review into account as everyone has different colours that suit them over others plus the consistency of these lipsticks and how well they last has a huge impact on me and I will continue to venture into the other colours this brand offers!


Go and give this brand a try before all the colours sell out! I recommend Masochist, Weirdo, Celebrity Skin, Abused and Anna Nicole!
www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk
www.jeffreestarcosmetics.com




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe