Lush's First Black Bath Bomb? Metamorphosis Bath Bomb - Review

February 21, 2017

Since the first moment I saw this bath bomb at Lush's Creative Showcase event in London, I was very excited to try it out. It sold out almost immediately on the Lush Kitchen back in September and I was very disappointed. However, a little under two weeks ago, it appeared again, not only on the kitchen but now as a permanent member of the Lush Oxford Street collection.

I have been very excited to try this product out as it's gathered so much attention on social media for it being 'Lush's first black bath bomb' and 'The goth bath bomb of your dreams'. For those who are unaware, an awesome small company called Bella Muerte Clothing created a range of bath bombs called Hex Bombs and gained a lot of publicity after their 'black as your soul' bath bomb went viral. (You can buy them here!) So obviously I was ecstatic when I got my lush order through the post.



Before I continue with the review, this is how the bath bomb left the water. Now, I had added the new Mother's Day 'Bar Bar bubble bar' before hand but the colour of the bath water didn't change drastically so it left Metamorphosis to completely turn my bath water into something from a horror film. Or so I thought. It was half what I was expecting to be completely honest considering the bath bomb itself is a light grey colour with glitter attached to every jagged edge.

The smell of it is very peppery and when it arrived in the post, it had no packaging over it like the rest of them do, so I was unaware of the ingredients which again irritated me as I am very allergic to Lord of Misrule and whatever is in Metamorphosis is very similar. However, the product isn't all that bad, the colours are absolutely phenomenal and the smell is very earthy and similar to products like Rainbow Worrier and Guardians of the Forest.


If we take away all of the false perceptions I had about Metamorphosis and just focused on the product without any of the hype surrounding it. It is a very good bath bomb. There are better out there but if you are in London, pick one up from the Oxford Street store. It's also available here (I'm not sure how long it'll be there for). The scent also lingers on your skin which is rare and you can still smell the peppery fragrance around the bathroom afterwards.

Overall, I wasn't completely disappointed with this product but I don't think I would personally re-purchase.

Rating: 3.4/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe