Man in the moon bubble bar | Lush

September 10, 2017

Today I'm going to be talking about the Man in the Moon bubble bar. Why you may ask? It is because, not only has it been very controversial in which scent it is but because it is so unique and covered in gold lustre!
Now I know what you are all thinking and yes, it is indeed Calacas scented. It has such beautiful warm lime aromas incased in gorgeous softening cocoa butter.


Image result for what is le voyage dans la lune aboutI didn't really know where the inspiration for this bubble bar came from until I researched and found that it seems to be based on a French silent film from 1902 called 'Le Voyage Dans La Lune'. It looks so creepy but I assume that the strong resemblance isn't just coincidental. I also assume that the reason they chose this iconic image to turn into a bubble bar was because Georges Méliès also directed short film The Christmas Dream and was sticking his theme and thus interpreting it into the Christmas range. However he does strangely remind me of The Moon from The Mighty Boosh.

The Calacas scent is known to be involved in a lot of the Halloween products such as Monster's Ball bath bomb, Calavera bath bomb and Skullduggery bath bomb which I think fits well of the somewhat off-putting moon that will probably give me nightmares for a week.
 It's beautiful neon yellow glitter glow is perfect for Autumn nights. Team this wonderful bubble bar with Monster's Ball bath bomb this year as I personally do not think that it fits well with the Christmas scents and should have been advertised with the Halloween set. BUT definitely embrace this wonderful scent whilst it's in your local Lush. Calacas is one of the best Lush scents out there and it needs to be enjoyed by all!

The tin as seen above retails at £44.95 and the bubble bar alone is £5.95 but fear not, he is a very big bubble bar. In comparison with the comforter bubble bar it is twice the size. Cut into many chunks and enjoy throughout the cold seasons!
(I only used a very small portion and I haven't had as many bubbles since using Ladybird!

Rating 5/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe