Skincare Routine Part 1.

July 01, 2016

Hey guys, today I'm going to be writing about what I do as a daily skincare routine because I feel like it is important to mention a few things as I have tried everything over the years to try and clear spots and oily skin and I feel like now, being happy with my current plan, I should share it with you.

I have always had absolutely terrible skin since I was in school. I was always the one with huge marks on my face because I had picked at spots and not left them alone to try and get rid of them quicker and it got to the point where, at college, I had a breakdown because it was getting to me that much; being in a room with girls of a similar age but only I seemed to have noticeably bad skin. Over the time I went from a full toning, moisturising routine to just using soap because I felt like I had nothing left to try. I had used every brand known in supermarkets and drugstores to try and budge spots I even tried well known brands such as Clinique and Clarins but it was hopeless. I hated when people would come up to me and ask if I had tried (insert brand here) and I'd get upset because 'it had helped them loads' and it seemed to make mine worse. Now I'm not saying that my routine is going to help everyone but considering the option, I feel like it'll help make someone's life a whole lot easier when choosing the right products for them.

Before I go into what products I do use, I feel like it's important to mention that your diet is a big factor when it comes to skin care. last September, my skin was at it's worst. It was oily, I had huge spots all over my face and it made me so upset, I didn't want to go out to work or see friends. It got to the point where I seeked medical attention and was informed to keep a diary of all the foods and drinks I consumed and from there I found out that milk was making me come out in a rash on my face and the reason for my spots to appear. It was the only huge change in my diet as I was drinking tea daily and then as soon as I switched to green tea, it surprisingly cleared my skin and made a huge difference. I also found that drinking a lot of water everyday does help! As soon as I made big changes to my diet and tailoring it to suit me, my skincare routine fitted in nicely.

I used to use Herbalism, a facial cleanser from Lush Cosmetics which is specified to help problem skin and using this twice everyday for just over 4 months got rid of all the red marks that had been scarred on my face for almost 9 years. This product is absolutely incredible but I eventually found that it was becoming a little harsh for my face so I switched to Let The Good Times Roll, which is what I currently use. It is amazing, smells of popcorn and makes your skin incredibly soft which I occasionally combine with Angels on Bare Skin when my skin gets a little more sensitive depending on the weather as the chamomile helps to soothe dry areas.

I also use Grease Lightning which is another Lush product which is basically a spot cream which helps to get rid of spots overnight which I team with Vicks Vapour Rub in small amounts to help completely dry out spots and get rid of them within a few days.

I do not tend to use a moisturiser unless my skin is very dry, but I tend to just use a small amount of Nivea cream as my skin really doesn't take well to heavy moisturisers.

Another important factor in good skincare is to change pillowcases weekly and to wash your make-up brushes every few days, it really does help if you have constant breakouts.

I hope this helps! I'll be going into my daily make-up routine in an upcoming blog post too! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe